Jericho gets you working. We work with you to help you overcome the barriers that are stopping you from gaining a job, receiving training or being involved with your local community. No matter what your situation, we will support you back into work by providing you with the skills and training you need, together with the confidence to be sure that you’re a valuable, employable member of the community.
We tailor our training and development programmes to your specific requirements, and offer real-life work experience in a safe learning environment. All Jericho clients participating in work experience programmes receive guidance and encouragement from their supervisor. They will work alongside you as a mentor to provide on-the-job coaching and support whenever needed.
Moreover, when the placement is finished, and you have gained the skills and abilities to return to work, the Jericho staff will assist you to find a suitable permanent position – occasionally in one of our social enterprises, or with one of our partner organisations.
Essential job search skills are taught using innovative, enjoyable group sessions, while one-to-one sessions with our Client Support staff provide additional intensive coaching, support and counselling where appropriate.
Vocational training and work experience
You can gain vocational training and work experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Construction (various trades)
- Grounds maintenance
- Graphic design
We also offer the following services via our in-house client support team or via our network of partner organisations:
- Matrix-accredited information, advice and guidance services
- Individually tailored skills coaching
- Personal development programmes (confidence building, motivation, self esteem, etc)
- Social skills development
- Emotional and psychological support
- Benefits advice
- Debt advice
- Specialist support (eg. drugs, alcohol, housing, etc)
- Employability skills training
- Job search advice
- Food hygiene certificates
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS cards)
- Driving theory
- Health and safety
- First aid